Have you Suffered from an Industrial Disease?
Industrial diseases can be unfortunate consequences of working in hazardous environments such as shipyards, foundries, metal works, motor vehicle production, power stations, and factories, to name just a few.
Employers should have strict controls in place to prevent work-related illnesses from happening. However, if you have suffered an industrial injury as a result of your employer’s negligence you shouldn’t have to suffer in silence.
At What’s My Claim Worth we have trained, qualified solicitors who have a wealth of experience in handling complex industrial disease claims, so you stand a much better chance of getting the industrial disease compensation you could be entitled to.
Types of Industrial Diseases
Most industrial diseases have permanent effects and many get worse over time, even if you no longer work in the environment where the conditions that caused the illness existed. In many cases, diseases do not develop until years after exposure. Examples of industrial diseases include:
- Asbestosis, pleural thickening, mesothelioma or lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos
- Bladder cancer caused by chemicals such as aromatic amines
- Industrial deafness as a result of exposure to loud noises
- Nasal cancer caused by chemicals and wood dust
- Asthma caused by chemicals and dust
- Vibration White Finger (VWF) / Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) caused by handling tools such as pneumatic drills
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) caused by repetitive work
- Dermatitis caused by chemicals or other agents in the workplace
Industrial Disease Compensation Amounts
Depending on the severity and type of injury caused, compensation amounts can vary.
Industrial Disease Case Studies from What’s My Claim Worth:
- £9,000 awarded for noise-induced hearing loss and tinnitus
- Pleural thickening claim
- £115,000 recovered in Mesothelioma claim
- Asbestosis Compensation
Make an Industrial Disease Claim
At What’s My Claim Worth our industrial disease solicitors will give you the advice and support you need to take your case for industrial disease compensation forward and have the knowledge and experience needed to ensure you have a great chance of success.
We know how difficult it can be facing an illness but it can be even more difficult when someone else was to blame. However, with our specialist industrial disease lawyers on hand to assist, you can pursue your case to get the industrial disease compensation you’re entitled to.
If you’re wondering ‘how much is my industrial disease claim worth?’ then get an instant estimate using our Claimometer or call our specialist industrial disease solicitors, who will be happy to advise you on the facts of your own case.
Call us free on 0800 025 0000 Open 24hr
We succeeded in a claim for industrial disease compensation for a Mr Clarke who was diagnosed with asbestos related pleural thickening