What is a back injury?
A back injury is any injury or trauma involving the back. Back injuries result from damage, wear, and tear or trauma to the bones, muscles or other tissues of the back. Common back injuries include sprains and strains, herniated discs and fractured vertebrae.
A quick guide to back injuries
Suffered a back Injury? See what Tom has to say about back injuries…
Back Injuries can be caused by many things, the most common causes include:
- Trauma caused by a road traffic accident
- Incorrect lifting methods and posture
- A fall from a height
- A solid object making contact with the back
- Falling to the ground, as a result of slipping or tripping at work or in a public place
Claiming compensation for a back injury?
You may be able to claim compensation for a back injury if you can prove that the injury has been caused by the negligent actions of another party.
What may you be able to claim for?
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings
- Cost of care and assistance provided by a friend and/or family member
- Travelling expenses
- Medical expenses
- Any other expenses caused by the accident
What to do next?
If you have suffered from a bank injury and believe that you are entitled to compensation, then please use our Claimometer or speak to one of our specialist back injury solicitors who will be able to help you. We benefit from in – house medical knowledge, which enables us to fully understand your case in order to give you a high-quality service.
How much Compensation Can you Claim for a Back Injury?
The severity of the injury often defines how much your back injury claim may be worth. For an estimate of what your back injury claim is worth, try our compensation calculator, and view our back injury case studies below.
Back Injury Case Studies
Find out how we’ve helped our clients claim the compensation they deserve for their back injuries:
- £5,500 in compensation for a back injury after an accident at work
- £5,050 in compensation for bruising to the back and knee after a slip accident at work
- £1,500 in compensation for a back injury after heaving lifting without adequate training
- £100,000 in compensation after the delayed diagnosis of a fatal back injury
Do you have a back injury claim?
If you have suffered a back injury and believe you may be entitled to compensation, then please use our compensation calculator or speak to one of our personal injury solicitors today on 0800 025 0000.
We have helped numerous people make back injury claims, and we’d love to help you win the compensation you are entitled to.