What is a hand injury?
A hand injury refers any injury or trauma involving the hand. The hand is a very complex part of the body with multiple joints, different types of ligaments, tendons and nerves. Hand injuries can result from a trauma, excessive use or degenerative disorder.
A quick guide to hand injuries
Suffered a hand Injury? See what Tom has to say about hand injuries…
How are hand injuries caused?
There are many circumstances in which a hand injury could occur. These include:
- Defective machinery at work
- Solid objects making contact with the hand
- Falling to the ground as a result of slipping or tripping at work or in a public place, and using a hand(s) to break the fall
- Use of vibratory tools which can cause vibration white finger (VWF) or hand-arm vibration syndrome (HAVS)
Claiming compensation for a hand injury
You may be able to claim compensation for a hand injury if you can prove that the injury has been caused by the negligent actions of another party.
What may you be able to claim for?
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings
- Cost of care and assistance provided by a friend and/or family member
- Travelling expenses
- Any other expenses caused by the accident
What to do next?
If you have sustained an injury to your hand it is important that you seek the advice of a specialist solicitor who is experienced in dealing with these types of claims.
To find out exactly what your hand injury claim could be worth, fill in our Claimometer or get in touch with one of our experienced solicitors who will be happy to help you.